John Muir Middle School
John Muir Middle School Pupil Services
Nicolle Behnke-Welke Student Services Administrative Assistant
School Social Worker:
John Muir Counseling Website and Mental Health Resources
The Marathon County School-Based Counseling Consortium comprises of nonprofit and
for-profit mental health clinics, public school districts, and community organizations. Consortium counseling agencies are able to provide on-site mental health counseling to students in all Marathon County public schools.
Virtual/on-site licensed mental health therapists from Bridge Community Health Clinic and Centre for Wellbeing are accessible at John Muir Middle School. Services are billed through the family's insurance, but don't let cost prevent care; financial help is available.
To make a referral, please contact your student's School Counselor.
Good mental health is a state of balance in our thoughts, emotions, & behaviors. These signs may indicate that mental health therapy is right for your child:
- Low motivation
- Sudden changes in behavior/dress/friendships, eating and sleeping habits
- Anger, irritability, outbursts or irrational behavior that is out of character
- Sudden drop in grades
- Evidence of self-harm or suicidal comments
- Sadness that does not seem to go away
- High level of fear/worry/anxiety that go beyond what is typical for their developmental age
- Increased negative behaviors
- Poor hygiene
- Chronic peer/social issues
- Vomiting unrelated to illness
- Difficulty with concentration & attention, problems with short-term memory